A lot of you have been asking us how you can become a Google Student Ambassador, here's your answer!
- Fill out the MENA GSA 2012 Application before June 30!
- Write an essay about one of these two topics (you can choose either regardless of your major):
- Engineering students: “Is there a way for the social web to be more than just social?”
- Non-engineering students: “Creative FOPs (forms of payment) and social support”
- Write a motivation letter on "why you want to be an Ambassador, what you can change in your Country through learning new technical skills and how using Google tools could help your university"
- Provide a short statement from Professor or Head of Department confirming name, level and area of study.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university in the Middle East or North Africa, preferably in the 2nd or 3rd year
- Pursuing a BA/BS or MS degree
- Passionate about technology
- Able to plan events and manage a budget
- Actively involved in student life on campus
- Any student from: Lebanon, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Jordan, Palestine & UAE can apply.
You will have to:
- Attend a one-week intensive summer training to help familiarize you with Google products, features, programs and other opportunities for students.
- Work closely with local Google teams
- Host and organize events to bring awareness about Google's products and brand
- Spread the word about competitions, training opportunities, scholarships and other events
- Attend Google events as a Google representative
- Help Google to better understand your campus' culture
- Build relationships on campus with faculty and student groups
- Test products and features
- Promote product use and new product launches to students
- Be a source of knowledge for your university about Google products
- Spread Google goodwill to your fellow students
If you succeed, you will:
- Receive regular updates about exciting new Google products / features, programs and announcements
- Enhance your professional development, leadership, technical and communication skills
- Be eligible to participate in special Google events, product training and be considered for local internships
- Be able to exchange best practices with Ambassadors from other schools and disciplines from around the region.
Timeline is as follows:
- Registration opens: Sunday. April 15, 2012
- Registration closes:
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 Friday, June 15 2012Saturday, June 30 2012 (yes, the deadline has been extended! AGAIN!!)
- Acceptance noyification: Early July
- Training: August 2012 (after Ramadan)
More details here.